Dunkirk Baptist Church is a Christ-centered community of believers. It is our desire to help individuals and families discover the love of God, grow their faith in Jesus Christ, and experience new life in the Spirit. We invite you to read our mission, our five priorities and our purpose.
Discipling believers in Christ to Learn, Live, and Give the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
In Matthew 28:18-20, Jesus instructs His followers to go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them and teaching them all that He commanded. This Great Commission is the reason why Dunkirk Baptist Church exists – to help people become disciples of Jesus Christ.
Our definition of a disciple is someone who Learns, Lives, and Gives the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Our goal is to move people from worship attendance to being a part of God’s mission in the world. We seek to engage people in this discipleship process through five priorities...
OUR FIVE PRIORITIES
1. WORSHIP - Disciples gathering together to praise God, hear His Word, and invite non-believers to experience God.
2. LEARN - Disciples continually growing in their knowledge of Scripture, of God, and of our salvation in Christ.
3. LIVE - Disciples committed to living in obedience to Christ’s teachings and in fellowship with other believers.
4. GIVE - Disciples faithfully serving God through generosity, sacrificial service, and sharing the Gospel with others.
5. GO - Disciples being called and sent to be “on mission” for God as salt and light to a world in need of the Gospel.
Develop an authentic and passionate relationship with Jesus Christ. Our desire is that everyone in our church family has a personal and growing relationship with God.
Build intentional relationships with others that foster a friendly, loving and caring church family. We focus on developing strong relationships with friends, neighbors and “not-yet-Christians” in our community.
Communicate the love of God through acts of kindness. We seek to be a positive and caring faith community expressing God’s love to others in practical ways.
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.